Kate Carr, President
Melanie Morrow, Vice President & Principal
Monica Earley, Vice President
Hyla Vershbow, Vice President
Leslie Velez, Secretary
Billy Stepler, Treasurer
Heather Duval, Teacher Representative
Poinsettia has a distinguished history as an outstanding school in our community, and the PTO has played an important role for decades.
Providing these valuable resources, in addition to assemblies, art supplies, and playground equipment, is possible only with your support. More than ever, we need your help to raise the money to fund these programs. Information about additional fundraising opportunities can be found on the Poinsettia Fundraising page.
Volunteering is a great way to be involved in your child's school, help the PTO, and make new friends.
• Book Fair – Date TBD (Vacant) Work with Scholastic Book Fair representative and coordinate volunteers for a week-long book fair and family night. Maybe organize a Barnes and Noble book fair.
• Box Tops - (Vacant) Help with box top collection and turn in for school funds
• Bulletin Board and Marquee (Ali & Chip Rocha) Ensure bulletin boards and marquees are up to date with school related activities and dates.
• Carnival – Date TBD (Ali & Chip Rocha) Help organize and coordinate teams of volunteers for our school Carnival. Sub-committees include setup, prizes/games, food, events, cleanup, sponsors, etc.
• Goliath Gear (Kelly Decklever) Sell and distribute Poinsettia school shirts and sweatshirts.
• Grant Writing (Vacant) Research grants that Poinsettia can qualify for and write requests for grants. Principal Beth Harris will be very helpful!
• Hospitality (Becky McGrew) Help organize lunches and celebrations to support our teachers throughout the year.
• Jog-a-Thon - Need coordinator and volunteers to set up, organize classes to run, distribute pledge packets and collection, provide water and healthy snacks, set up other activities if desired (jumpers, games).
• Laminator Deliver and pickup materials from classrooms to be laminated at District Office
• Outdoor Education - 5th Grade (Tina Cortes - PoinsettiaOutdoorEd@gmail.com) Coordination of the various 5th Grade fundraisers for Outdoor Education attendance. This takes place during the 5th grade year.
• Yearbook (Mary Jo Thomas) Work on team to organize the Poinsettia yearbook. Yearbook photo submission link coming soon!